Question:
How Do I Tell My Mom I Want To Go To A Qychologist?
Isabella V
2008-08-03 23:43:11 UTC
Hi.I have had very interesting thoughts about my mental health latley and would like to go to a professional for further explanation.I have been researching mental illness and personality disorders and I identify with many of them.I will be 15 in November and have been to a counseler during my parents divorce, where I was put on aderall for ADHD. I need to know what is best advidsed.
One answer:
Cordelia
2008-08-04 00:55:10 UTC
Hello--You put it in an interesting way, so you are adept at communicating your thoughts--so do just that. Be glad that you are aware and noticing things, don't be too hard on yourself whatever you do. You're going through some very big bumps in life. Is the counselor someone you'd like to go back to? If he/she can't help, he/she could recommend someone like a Psychologist. One thing, make sure you take plenty (50 mg/ day) of Vitamin B-- that helps with recovery - even emotional - as it provides a buffer for your nerves. Also, when my parents had upheavals, I read the Bible. It comforted me greatly - like John 14 - says "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Jesus really does care about you and the difficulty you're going through

Let him have your cares, "Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." It would be good to attend youth meetings at a local church and let others know how you're feeling, although not everyone may be able to respond in a supportive way (knowing teens), it helps sometimes just to allow yourself to express your feelings... and you might be lucky and find some folks who can identify and share your hurt. There might be a support group for teens of divorced parents in your area. Check it out. God bless you. Mrs. C